Motor Vehicle Accidents

HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT?

Our firm is experienced with car, truck, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents throughout the state of Florida. We quickly and carefully investigate the cause of your accident, work on preserving all relevant evidence, and identify all potential defendants in an effort to seek full and proper compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, mental anguish, lost wages and property damage.

Here, we are dedicated to helping you and making this difficult time as simple as possible for you. We will happily set up claims with all involved insurance carriers, coordinate property damage inspections and assist you with obtaining medical care and treatment. We will also go the extra step and assist you in obtaining a rental vehicle.

We take these cases on a contingency fee basis meaning we do not charge you any fees or costs unless we are successful in recovering compensation for you from the at-fault party and/or their insurance company.

HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT?

Our firm is experienced with car, truck, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents throughout the state of Florida. We quickly and carefully investigate the cause of your accident, work on preserving all relevant evidence, and identify all potential defendants in an effort to seek full and proper compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, mental anguish, lost wages and property damage.

Here, we are dedicated to helping you and making this difficult time as simple as possible for you. We will happily set up claims with all involved insurance carriers, coordinate property damage inspections and assist you with obtaining medical care and treatment. We will also go the extra step and assist you in obtaining a rental vehicle.

We take these cases on a contingency fee basis meaning we do not charge you any fees or costs unless we are successful in recovering compensation for you from the at-fault party and/or their insurance company.

HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT?

Our firm is experienced with car, truck, motorcycle and pedestrian accidents throughout the state of Florida. We quickly and carefully investigate the cause of your accident, work on preserving all relevant evidence, and identify all potential defendants in an effort to seek full and proper compensation for your injuries, pain and suffering, mental anguish, lost wages and property damage.

Here, we are dedicated to helping you and making this difficult time as simple as possible for you. We will happily set up claims with all involved insurance carriers, coordinate property damage inspections and assist you with obtaining medical care and treatment. We will also go the extra step and assist you in obtaining a rental vehicle.

We take these cases on a contingency fee basis meaning we do not charge you any fees or costs unless we are successful in recovering compensation for you from the at-fault party and/or their insurance company.

Auto Accident Guide

What to do immediately after the crash?
Try your best to stay calm and, if you are not critically hurt, you or your passenger should call 911 to report the accident. Prior to leaving the scene, be sure to gather the following:

  • The other driver’s insurance and driver’s license information;
  • A copy of the exchange of information from the officer on the scene;
  • Contact information from any witnesses if you are able to;
  • Seek medical treatment.

When should I contact an attorney?
You should contact an attorney almost immediately after the accident, as insurance companies immediately attempt to obtain recorded statements and your responses could potentially impact the insurance company’s evaluation of liability and/or coverage.

How can we help?
Our office will assist you in the initial stages of your case. We will happily set up the insurance claims on your behalf, work on getting you into a rental vehicle, coordinate any necessary statements the insurance company’s may need and we will be sure that you are getting the medical treatment you need. Furthermore, our office will work to obtain and preserve any valuable evidence that would assist determining liability and proving damages. Our office will investigate any and all potential avenues of recovery in order to retrieve compensation for you.

What if I missed time from work because of the accident?
The state of Florida allows for the recovery of lost wages. Our firm will assist you in completing the required forms in order to qualify for lost wages through your own insurance policy and we will fight for you in obtaining such damages through the at-fault party’s insurance company.

How much will it cost to speak with attorney Lisa Difilippo about an auto accident?
Our firm offers free consultations and case evaluations. Often times, auto accident cases are taken on a “contingency fee basis” meaning the client would pay a specified percentage of recovery, if any. If there is no recovery, there are no fees or costs to you. Contact Lisa Difilippo today at 239-420-5472.  

Who pays for my medical expenses?
When someone is involved in an automobile accident or pedestrian accident involving an automobile, your vehicle insurance would be the appropriate insurance to use. Personal Injury Protection (“PIP”) is insurance that is provided to you on a no-fault basis, which means it covers a percentage of medical expenses and lost wages, regardless of who was at fault or the reason for the reason for the accident up to $10,000. In the state of Florida, it is typical for 80% of medical expenses and 60% of lost wages to be covered under your PIP benefits.

How much time after an automobile accident do I have to seek medical attention?
A person injured in an automobile accident has up to fourteen (14) days after the accident to seek medical treatment from a hospital, emergency transport, medical doctor, doctor of osteopathy, chiropractor, or a dentist in order to qualify for Personal Injury Protection benefits. If you do not obtain medical treatment within the 14 days, you may be at risk of waiving your PIP benefits.

What happens when a person who is at fault for an automobile accident has no insurance?
In order for you to obtain compensation in an automobile accident, the at-fault driver must have Bodily Injury coverage (“BI Coverage”) or, in the alternative, you must have Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage (“UM Coverage”) on your policy. Florida does not require drivers to carry either BI Coverage which is why is it critical to have UM Coverage on your own policy in this case scenario. You should consult with an attorney to determine what avenues of recovery are available to you.

Would I still be eligible for recovery if I was at fault?
Possibly. Florida is a comparative negligence state, meaning whatever amount you were negligent, your recovery would be limited or reduced by that amount. For example, if you were 20% at fault for the accident, then your damages will be decreased by 20%, and you may have a likelihood of being able to recover the remaining 80% from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.

Auto Accident Guide

What to do immediately after the crash?
Try your best to stay calm and, if you are not critically hurt, you or your passenger should call 911 to report the accident. Prior to leaving the scene, be sure to gather the following:

  • The other driver’s insurance and driver’s license information;
  • A copy of the exchange of information from the officer on the scene;
  • Contact information from any witnesses if you are able to;
  • Seek medical treatment.

When should I contact an attorney?
You should contact an attorney almost immediately after the accident, as insurance companies immediately attempt to obtain recorded statements and your responses could potentially impact the insurance company’s evaluation of liability and/or coverage.

How can we help?
Our office will assist you in the initial stages of your case. We will happily set up the insurance claims on your behalf, work on getting you into a rental vehicle, coordinate any necessary statements the insurance company’s may need and we will be sure that you are getting the medical treatment you need. Furthermore, our office will work to obtain and preserve any valuable evidence that would assist determining liability and proving damages. Our office will investigate any and all potential avenues of recovery in order to retrieve compensation for you.

What if I missed time from work because of the accident?
The state of Florida allows for the recovery of lost wages. Our firm will assist you in completing the required forms in order to qualify for lost wages through your own insurance policy and we will fight for you in obtaining such damages through the at-fault party’s insurance company.

How much will it cost to speak with attorney Lisa Difilippo about an auto accident?
Our firm offers free consultations and case evaluations. Often times, auto accident cases are taken on a “contingency fee basis” meaning the client would pay a specified percentage of recovery, if any. If there is no recovery, there are no fees or costs to you. Contact Lisa Difilippo today at 239-420-5472.  

Who pays for my medical expenses?
When someone is involved in an automobile accident or pedestrian accident involving an automobile, your vehicle insurance would be the appropriate insurance to use. Personal Injury Protection (“PIP”) is insurance that is provided to you on a no-fault basis, which means it covers a percentage of medical expenses and lost wages, regardless of who was at fault or the reason for the reason for the accident up to $10,000. In the state of Florida, it is typical for 80% of medical expenses and 60% of lost wages to be covered under your PIP benefits.

How much time after an automobile accident do I have to seek medical attention?
A person injured in an automobile accident has up to fourteen (14) days after the accident to seek medical treatment from a hospital, emergency transport, medical doctor, doctor of osteopathy, chiropractor, or a dentist in order to qualify for Personal Injury Protection benefits. If you do not obtain medical treatment within the 14 days, you may be at risk of waiving your PIP benefits.

What happens when a person who is at fault for an automobile accident has no insurance?
In order for you to obtain compensation in an automobile accident, the at-fault driver must have Bodily Injury coverage (“BI Coverage”) or, in the alternative, you must have Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage (“UM Coverage”) on your policy. Florida does not require drivers to carry either BI Coverage which is why is it critical to have UM Coverage on your own policy in this case scenario. You should consult with an attorney to determine what avenues of recovery are available to you.

Would I still be eligible for recovery if I was at fault?
Possibly. Florida is a comparative negligence state, meaning whatever amount you were negligent, your recovery would be limited or reduced by that amount. For example, if you were 20% at fault for the accident, then your damages will be decreased by 20%, and you may have a likelihood of being able to recover the remaining 80% from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.

Auto Accident Guide

 

What to do immediately after the crash?
Try your best to stay calm and, if you are not critically hurt, you or your passenger should call 911 to report the accident. Prior to leaving the scene, be sure to gather the following:

  • The other driver’s insurance and driver’s license information;
  • A copy of the exchange of information from the officer on the scene;
  • Contact information from any witnesses if you are able to;
  • Seek medical treatment.

When should I contact an attorney?
You should contact an attorney almost immediately after the accident, as insurance companies immediately attempt to obtain recorded statements and your responses could potentially impact the insurance company’s evaluation of liability and/or coverage.

How can we help?
Our office will assist you in the initial stages of your case. We will happily set up the insurance claims on your behalf, work on getting you into a rental vehicle, coordinate any necessary statements the insurance company’s may need and we will be sure that you are getting the medical treatment you need. Furthermore, our office will work to obtain and preserve any valuable evidence that would assist determining liability and proving damages. Our office will investigate any and all potential avenues of recovery in order to retrieve compensation for you.

 

What if I missed time from work because of the accident?
The state of Florida allows for the recovery of lost wages. Our firm will assist you in completing the required forms in order to qualify for lost wages through your own insurance policy and we will fight for you in obtaining such damages through the at-fault party’s insurance company.

How much will it cost to speak with attorney Lisa Difilippo about an auto accident?
Our firm offers free consultations and case evaluations. Often times, auto accident cases are taken on a “contingency fee basis” meaning the client would pay a specified percentage of recovery, if any. If there is no recovery, there are no fees or costs to you. Contact Lisa Difilippo today at 239-420-5472.  

 

Who pays for my medical expenses?
When someone is involved in an automobile accident or pedestrian accident involving an automobile, your vehicle insurance would be the appropriate insurance to use. Personal Injury Protection (“PIP”) is insurance that is provided to you on a no-fault basis, which means it covers a percentage of medical expenses and lost wages, regardless of who was at fault or the reason for the reason for the accident up to $10,000. In the state of Florida, it is typical for 80% of medical expenses and 60% of lost wages to be covered under your PIP benefits.

How much time after an automobile accident do I have to seek medical attention?
A person injured in an automobile accident has up to fourteen (14) days after the accident to seek medical treatment from a hospital, emergency transport, medical doctor, doctor of osteopathy, chiropractor, or a dentist in order to qualify for Personal Injury Protection benefits. If you do not obtain medical treatment within the 14 days, you may be at risk of waiving your PIP benefits.

What happens when a person who is at fault for an automobile accident has no insurance?
In order for you to obtain compensation in an automobile accident, the at-fault driver must have Bodily Injury coverage (“BI Coverage”) or, in the alternative, you must have Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage (“UM Coverage”) on your policy. Florida does not require drivers to carry either BI Coverage which is why is it critical to have UM Coverage on your own policy in this case scenario. You should consult with an attorney to determine what avenues of recovery are available to you.

 

Would I still be eligible for recovery if I was at fault?
Possibly. Florida is a comparative negligence state, meaning whatever amount you were negligent, your recovery would be limited or reduced by that amount. For example, if you were 20% at fault for the accident, then your damages will be decreased by 20%, and you may have a likelihood of being able to recover the remaining 80% from the at-fault driver’s insurance company.

We Will Help You Every Step Of The Way